“The changes in CMS’s reimbursement methodology are forcing hospitals to allocate more resources to improving the patient experience.” (Mezurenko, 2016). I believe it is easy for the healthcare community to forget that the patients are our customers. The CMS’s payment denial reminds us of this fact. This idea is a step in the right direction for the patient. So much of the health care experience is out of the hands of the patient that it seems only right for the CMS to advocate for them. It forces hospitals to work harder to make their institutions safer for the patient such as reducing nosocomial infections and hospital acquired pressure ulcers. HCAPS encourage facilities and physicians to make the environment a cleaner, quieter, and customer friendly environment. We all learned in nursing school if it is not charted it is not done. The use of Standardized Terminology in documentation is very important to EMHRSs according to Hebda and Czar. Standardized terminology allows for the flow of information between institutions around the globe. Standardized Terminology allows healthcare institutions to be reimbursed properly for services rendered which is why it is essential for nursing to properly document our interventions. Standardized Terminology is also essential for research purposes for recalling data, it drives evidence based practice guidelines. These guidelines improve patient care by allowing healthcare providers to implement methods proven to treat ailments.Hebda, T., & Czar, P. (2013). Handbook of informatics for nurses & healthcare professionals (5th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.Mazurenko, O., Zemke, D. M., & Lefforge, N. (2016). Who Is a Hospital’s “Customer”? Journal of Healthcare Management, 61(5), 319–333. https://doi-org.chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org…
CMS Reimbursement Methodology and Standardized Terminology Discussion
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.