A suspect is apprehended in a department store by the security guard. The suspect is placed in handcuffs and taken to the manager’s office. The police are called and advised of the situation. Officer Martinez arrives at the department store approximately 15 minutes later. Officer Martinez takes a statement from the security guard and views the in-store camera film of the shoplifting incident. Officer Martinez places the suspect under arrest, reads the suspect the Miranda warnings, and asks the suspect if he would like to make a statement. The suspect replies, “No, I would like a lawyer”. The suspect is then transported to the local jail and booked. Six hours later, the suspect is interviewed by a detective who again reads him the Miranda warning. The detective then asks the suspect if he would like to talk. The suspect says, “Yes.” He eventually confesses to the crime.Write a 1- to 2-page paper in which you:Identify and discuss the constitutional amendments that would relate to this situation.Discuss how the Edwards rule is related to this situation.In your opinion, determine if the suspect’s confession to the detective is admissible. Support your opinion with specific case law or contemporary cases.Use at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
CRJ325 Strayer University Application of The Miranda Rules Paper
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.