As I reflect on my Week 1 discussion posting, I find that the foundation of my philosophy of supervision has remained the same, yet has developed more perception and depth over the course of this class. My philosophy reflects the “collegial” model as presented in the text. This model demonstrates ideas such as “focus on teacher growth, teacher collaboration, teacher reflections, coaching, and supervision being the province of teachers and supervisors alike”. (Glickman ,2018) I believe in this because my principal has led me this way, and I am a living example of the effectiveness of this philosophy. Glickman also expressed the idea that a successful school is one in which “teachers accept common goals for students and complement each other’s teaching and supervisors work with teachers in a manner consistent with the way teachers are expected to work with students”. (2018) I have developed a deeper understanding of this concept due to the presentations we have watched. For example, the idea of coaching and reflective teaching and collaboration across grade levels resonates with me as a great way to see teacher growth. Likewise, using data to guide instruction can keep the teacher focused on differentiation and filling educational gaps. In addition to these “technical” steps, I believe a strong leader will develop positive, accepting, and compassionate relationships with their staff. Just as in the classroom, a team of teachers will need guidance. Due to the learning in this course, I definitely see the supervisor as the “instructional leader” of the campus. So in addition to my first thoughts, that “supervision is the province of teachers and supervisors alike”, a good supervisor should be diligently focused on instruction, play a big part in making sure teachers know how to plan using data, differentiation, and response to intervention techniques.Reference Glickman, C. D., Gordon, S. P., & Ross-Gordon, J. M. (2018). SuperVision and instructional leadership: A developmental approach.
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.