Below I have attached the instructions in MS Word format. The DEADLINE for the first 7 pages are DUE JUNE 2nd. This paper will be split into three dates as I mentioned previously the first deadline is June 2nd, second deadline is June 16, and the final draft is due June 30th please disregard the due date stud pool has listed as I was not able to extend it pass the 23rd day mark. As each deadline approach I will need 7 pages each totaling into 21 pages by the final date. PLEASE read the instructions carefully and incorporate what the instructor is asking. The chosen topic is Teenage Pregnancy.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Seminar Paper and PowerPoint Presentation (Course Outcomes 1.a – k, 2.a – c):
The purpose of this paper is to provide students with the opportunity to integrate all that they have
learned and experienced during their academic career into a framework for influencing change as
generalist social workers. This seminar paper will be the primary mechanism through which students will
demonstrate their understanding, synthesis, and internalization of the major competencies of generalist
social work practice on a specific topic or issue of student choice (homelessness, family violence,
teenage pregnancy, physical or mental disability, etc.). One of the expected outcomes of this assignment
is that the student will develop an in-depth knowledge of this special population or issue. Papers will be
21-25 pages in length.
After selecting a topic area begin to write your paper using the following outline (use these heading and
subheadings to identify each section clearly):
A. Issue Identification (3-4 pages):
a. Define the issue and describe why it is a concern on a social as well as
2. Use statistics, needs assessment data, and other references to illustrate the
magnitude and severity of the issue.
3. State the reasons you have chosen this particular situation/issue.
1. Identify the social values which may contribute to and affect the issue
2. How do social and professional values coincide and/or conflict related to
3. How do the social and professional values reflected in this issue coincide
and/or conflict with your personal values?
Dimension (2-3 pages):
1. Describe the historical development of the issue within the economic,
political, educational, familial, religious, social welfare, geographical,
regional and global context.
2. Identify the policy decisions that have been made at the international,
federal, state, tribal and/or local level that impact service delivery in relation to the issue.
b. What values reflected in the policy decisions.
c. Critique these decisions along political, economic, social welfare, and social
work value dimensions.
d. Identify and discuss the extent to with social structures and values may
oppress, marginalize, alienate, or create or enhance privilege and power in relation to the systems
identified in the situation.
D. Generalist Practice:
1. Engagement (1-2 pages) – Discuss the preparation necessary for the social work
professional to engage with the systems involved with this issue. a. Knowledge
b. Values c. Skills
2. Assessment (3-4 pages) –
a. Identify and discuss the human behavior and social theories
which best contribute to an understanding of the impact of the
issue on individuals, families, groups, and communities.
b. What are the adaptive and maladaptive patterns of behavior one
would expect from individuals, families, groups, and
communities experiencing the issue.
c. Discuss the relevance of the theories to understanding
populations who are different by virtue of ethnicity, culture, gender, gender identity, mental and
physical condition, religion, age, socioeconomic condition, lifestyle, sexual orientation, and locality.
Dimension (3-4 pages):
d. Discuss your understanding of the importance of this difference
in shaping the life experience of the people involved in the situation.
c. Intervention – Discuss the micro through macro level prevention and intervention strategies, practice
approaches, and professional roles to address the issue. (2-3 pages)
1. On what evidence are the assessment conclusions, professional judgments, and intervention
2. Evaluate the evidence for practice effectiveness in rural areas with diverse populations.
3. Discuss the ways in which the practice interventions identified for this situation advocate for
policies/policy changes to advance human rights and social and economic justice for the persons
involved in the situation.
d. Evaluation (2-3 pages)–
1. Discuss how the people involved in the change process know when the
desired change has occurred.
2. On what evidence are decisions about the effectiveness of the
prevention and intervention strategies based?
3. Identify the indicators that change has occurred and how the indicators
will be measured.
4. What questions emerge from this situation that could be the foundation
of future research?
D. Information Technology (1-2 pages):
1. Identify information and technological resources available to enhance
services and resources to address the issue.
2. Discuss the advantages, liabilities, and ethical dimensions of information
technology utilization in professional practice.
F. Implications and Recommendations for Future Action (2-3 pages):
1. Take a critical stance toward the issue and state what you think would be appropriate for policy
changes, planning and implementation of programs and services for future action to promote
social and economic justice within the context of social work values and ethics.
2. What can you learn from client systems identified in the situation, and on what knowledge and
skills would you focus to enhance and advance your competencies in working with people
experiencing the challenges outlined in the situation?
G. References: Type all citations using APA format. (1-2 pages)
You will complete this paper in phases. There will be two dates that you have to turn in drafts of your
paper with the third date being the final paper due date.
The seminar paper is to be typed, double-spaced, and follow APA format for structure and citation of
references used. A minimum of 10 references are expected including journal as well as book sources.
No more than one fourth (1/4) of the total references used for this paper can be from
nongovernment/online world wide web sources.
The seminar paper will be evaluated according to the following criteria: a) content (90%) – adequacy;
accuracy; and clarity of concept identification, analysis, and application; and b) mechanics (10%) appearance and use of proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure, and
APA style and format.
In addition, each student will be expected to create a PowerPoint Presentation. Your PPT presentation
will summarize the main points of your paper (one slide per bullet point listed above). You will post your
PPT presentation for the other students to view. Students will comment on a minimum of 5 other
student’s presentations (at least 100 words per comment).
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.