Below is the discussion description and prof. posted links and required reading materials: Read:”Early Modern Japanese Popular Literature” (313-319).”The World of Haiku” (321-323) and “from The Narrow Road to the Deep North” (324-328 — to the ….near the bottom of the page).The Love Suicides at Amijima (339-367).This week you’ve tackled two works. Sometimes, I’ll combine multiple works into a single discussion question, focusing on common themes or characteristics. This time out, I’m asking you to prepare a separate post on each.The first question gives you options — you need choose only one of the three questions on The Love Suicides at Amijima. The second post lets you get a little creative, writing your own haibun and haiku. Both responses need to demonstrate your knowledge of the reading.As usual, you won’t see anyone else’s responses to these until you posted your own.Week 2 Post Part One: The Love Suicides at AmijimaIn a post of at least 300 words, respond to one of the following questions on The Love Suicides at Amijima. Be sure to include specific references to the play in your analysis (including quotations). When responding to other student posts, try to read and respond to at least one which answers a question other than the one to which you responded.Oaths play a central role in The Love Suicides at Amijima. This is in large part because of their centrality to Japanese Buddhist culture. Breaking an oath not only had ramifications in society, but in the afterlife as well. Trace the impact of oaths in the play — how do they drive the plot?In the play, Koharu is a courtesan. Describe what that means in the play. How does her being a courtesan influence the choices she makes and how other characters interact with her? How does it drive the play’s plot? How does the role of the prostitute in Early Modern Japan differ from your own expectations/assumptions about prostitution?Discuss Osan’s motivations in the play. Why does she do what she does? Her actions can seem contradictory — what makes them consistent with her character and her role in society?Again, be specific in your analysis. Your post must demonstrate your knowledge of the play.Week 2 Post Part Two: The Narrow Road to the Deep NorthWe’ll have a little fun with your response to Basho’s travelogue. Instead of just writing about his work, I’d like you to try your hand at creating something in his style. So — first write a bit of prose that imitates some portion of his text, but brings in your own experience instead. Follow it up with a single haiku. Your prose piece should be at least 200-300 words. Try to mirror the passage in Basho as best you can — we should be able to figure out which scene you’ve adapted.Have fun with this one! It is still testing your understanding of the work and its form, but apart from that, you can let your own creative juices flow.
ENG229 Delta Early Modern Japanese Popular Literature Assignment
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.