5-6 pages; 1250-1500 words in APA format plus Annotated Bibliography with 4-5 Sources I have found some resources and started a little.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
English 302 – Advanced Composition – Research Project
Professor: Dr. S. Patrick
Writing Assignment 3: Critical Issue in Your Major Field of Study (5-6 pages; 1250-1500
words) plus Annotated Bibliography with 4-5 Sources
Choose a current, critical topic related to your declared major area of study to explore in greater
depth. Your goal is to write an essay that explores a current topic according to ‘what others’
have said about it and that begins to illuminate the state of the field at this time. Therefore, this is
not an opinion piece. It is instead an opportunity for you to learn what others have said about
your topic (such as pros/cons; challenges/rewards; next steps) based on their research and
experiences that can inform your knowledge and understanding. Your paper will reflect
your research findings/evidence with appropriate citations to provide a brief but thoughtful
academic overview of your topic. Your essay should have an introduction and a ‘summary’
conclusion to help your readers see its overall point and structure, and should be organized so
that readers can easily follow your thinking. Your Introduction should include a Thesis/Purpose
Your paper should use 4-5 credible sources related to your current topic. Most of your sources
will probably come from scholarly, peer-reviewed journals since they address the most current
issues facing your field at any given time. Your search timeframe should be approximately 2005
– 2019. In addition, your paper should include an Annotated Bibliography containing the 4-5
sources used in your essay with a brief notation about each source. We will discuss Annotated
1. Introduction – Introduction should engage the reader, provide appropriate background information to
frame the topic, and assert your main purpose (include thesis/purpose statement and underline it).
2. Body (Determine 2-3 Subheads as Appropriate for Context and Purpose Statement) – Each
paragraph should relate to the point(s) you are making, connect to the paragraphs around it, and connect
to the overall purpose of your essay. Use subheads for organization.
3. Conclusion/Summary – Concluding paragraph(s) should summarize main points and link to your
Thesis/Purpose statement in Introduction.
4. Reference Page/Annotated Bibliography – Citations for sources used in your paper plus annotation
for each source (Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographic citations with 2-3 sentence descriptive
notation) using your field’s preferred Style [MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.]
Essay Evaluation: Your essay will be graded on the following points:
1. Grammatical correctness – Please pay close attention to grammar, conciseness, word choice
2. Citation Accuracy; Annotated Bibliography – Accuracy/Depth
4. Clear Thesis/Purpose statement in Introduction
5. Clear and logical sentence and paragraph construction that supports purpose
6. Thoroughness of research and analysis
7. Overall essay organization using subheads to guide reader and author
7. Effective summary of main points in Conclusion with link to Thesis/Purpose statement in Introduction
8. Audience Readability – can paper be easily understood by readers/audience?
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.