1.(04.01 LC)An argument is (10 points)an interesting appeal to ethicsa philosophical appeal to sciencean anecdotal appeal to emotiona well-supported appeal to logic2.(04.01 LC)Which of these is an important element in establishing an effective argument? (10 points)Identifying with the opposing sideChallenging the opposing sideIgnoring the opposing sideCelebrating the opposing side3.(04.01 LC)An argument gives you the opportunity to (10 points)ask someone to accept your positionshow people they are wrongmake people listen to youprove someone’s mistakes4.(04.01 LC)Ethos uses responsible research practices and fair use of appeals to establish _________________. (10 points)realitycredibilitystabilityquality5.(04.01 MC)Match the logical fallacy to the correct definition. (15 points)abc1.Slippery Slopeabc2.Post Hocabc3.Feara.Incorrectly assumes that one event causes anotherb.Uses worst-case scenarios to create supportc.Claims that one action leads to a series of undesirable events6.(04.01 MC)America: Love it or leave it!The flawed logic in this statement is an example of (20 points)slippery slopehasty generalizationpost hocfalse dichotomy7.(04.01 HC)In his closing argument during the O.J. Simpson murder trial, defense attorney Johnnie Cochran said to the jury:”You are empowered to do justice. You are empowered to ensure that this great system of ours works. Listen for a moment, will you, please. One of my favorite people in history is the great Frederick Douglas. He said shortly after the slaves were freed, quote, “In a composite nation like ours as before the law, there should be no rich, no poor, no high, no low, no white, no black, but common country, common citizenship, equal rights and a common destiny.” This marvelous statement was made more than 100 years ago. It’s an ideal worth striving for and one that we still strive for. We haven’t reached this goal yet, but certainly in this great country of ours, we’re trying. With a jury such as this, we hope we can do that in this particular case.”Evaluate Cochran’s argument in terms of logos, pathos, and ethos. Use evidence from the statement to support your answer. Your response should be a minimum of five sentences. (25 points)
OJ Simpson Case Defining And Evaluating An Argument Quiz
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.