As the project manager in this case study, John had utilized the waterfall method of management. The waterfall model, which was introduced by Dr. Winston Royce in 1970, emphasizes that a logical progression of steps be taken throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC), much like the cascading steps down an incremental waterfall (Powell-Morse,2016). In using this method, John had divided his project team into smaller teams so that he could divide all responsibilities among the smaller groups in order to accomplish the end goal of successfully complete the project.Should John be allowed a second chance in completing this project, I feel that the Agile method would be better suited. The Agile method is an iterative, team based approach to development that emphasizes the rapid delivery of an application in complete functional components rather than creating tasks and schedules all time is compartmentalized into phases known as sprints(Lotz, 2013). Each of these sprints have a defined duration with a list of deliverables that are planned out before the sprint officially starts. The project manager prioritizes these deliverables based on what the customer determines has the most value for the business. If there is a set back within a sprint that has delayed the completion of the phase then the work will be re-prioritized with all the knowledge gained from the setback being used in future planning. By using the Agile method, John will be better informed as to what the customer requires for a quality product.Lotz, M. (2013, July 5). Waterfall vs. Agile: Which Methodology is Right for Your Project? Retrieved from https://www.seguetech.com/Waterfall-vs-Agile-methodology/Powell-Morse, A. (2016, December 8). Waterfall Model: What Is It and When Should You Use It? Retrieved from https://airbrake.io/blog/sdlc/waterfall-model
paraphrase 3-1 Case Scenario: Project Management Methodologies
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.