1. Reading the Requirement (see attachment) 2. must reading the article (Perverse Effects and Unintended Consequences of T-Shirt Trade Policy page236—page260 same to the website =https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/the-trav…) 3. answer questions, all answer should base on the article( (Perverse Effects and Unintended Consequences of T-Shirt Trade Policy ) that I provided4. DO NOT need to search / use any additional reference 6. No less than 600 words
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Perverse effects and unintended consequences of T-shirt trade policy (course packet page 236260)
1. Deepen students’ understanding of the following topics:
•The global nature of the textile and apparel industry
•The unique trade policies that regulate textile and apparel trade and how these policies affect
various segments of the industry (e.g., manufacturers, retailers, and consumers)
•The complexity of trade policy making for the textiles and apparel sector and the complex
economic, social and political factors involved
2. Improve students’ critical thinking and analysis skills;
3. Improve students’ teamwork skills;
Important reminders about doing the case study:
1)Case study means you put yourself in the particular scenario described in the case (There is NO
need to search/use any additional references beyond the case material for the case
2)This is an evaluation case. You are expected to evaluate the motivations and consequences
of the decisions made, and present relevant evidence to justify your evaluation.
1.Case analysis assignment In a no less than a 600-word essay (in the Q&A format is fine),
please critically and thoughtfully answer the following questions. The written case analysis is due in
hard copy (must be printed; hand-written submission will NOT be accepted)
1.Why is the U.S. textile and apparel industry a winner or loser of the quota system (i.e., a
quantitative restriction on imports) as discussed in the case? Please provide detailed evidence
(such as statistics and examples) from the case material to justify your viewpoints.
2. Why do you think the United States rejected Pakistan’s request for tariff relief on textiles and
apparel? Why or why not do you think it was a correct policy decision? Why or why not do you
think “the U.S. textile and apparel industry be made to pay the cost of U.S. foreign policy”?
3. In the setting of the case, overall how does the U.S. textile industry want trade policymakers to
help their survival? In comparison, how does U.S. fashion brands and retailers want trade policy to
support their businesses? Why do you think the U.S. textile industry and U.S. fashion brands and
retailers disagree on many trade policy issues?
4. As mentioned in the case, in mid-2004, the very developing countries that had argued—
demanded, even—the removal of the quotas began to have second thoughts. Why is that?
5. It is said that trade policymaking is about striking a balance. After reading the case, what is your
understanding of this statement? Please provide detailed evidence (such as statistics and
examples) from the case material to justify your viewpoints.
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.