40 Short Stories: A Portable Anthology – “Reading Short Stories Closely”, Writing About Short Stories”, “A Worn Path” by Eudora Welty, “The Things They Carried” by Tim O’BrienHaddon, M. (2003). The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, first 50 pages. Note: this text does not have traditional page numbers.Brock’s folk. (2014). In G. Cuthbertson, G., Wilfred Owen (p. 200). New Haven, NJ: Yale University Press. Please link to Interview: Mark Haddon discusses his book “the curious incident of the dog in the night-time” (2003). Washington, D.C.: NPR.Activity Time: 6 hours, 30 minutesWrite a 2-page elements of fiction essay on one of the short stories, or the poem, from the assigned readings for Module 01. Explain the following in your paper:Key historical events which influenced the piece: Expand on how the key historical events influenced the plot and theme.Setting: Why is the setting important to the story? (The setting is where the story takes place).Theme: What is the major theme or idea of the story? Here are some examples of themes you might find in literature: loss of innocence, love, loss, grief, man vs. nature, man vs. technology, death, old-age, coming of age, alienation, overcoming the odds, a hero’s quest, etc.Note: The theme of a work of fiction is different from the plot—the plot tells you the sequence of events or what happened. The theme tells you the main lesson or message of the narrative. It is the main point that the author wants you to understand from reading the short story, poem, or novel.Also, select one of the terms to include in your story analysis from your Literary Terms Exercise in this module (Allegory, Ambiguity, Antagonist, Archetype, Diction, Flashback, Foreshadowing, Protagonist, and Regionalism). Explain how this was used in the story, with examples and lines illustrating your claims. Use in-text citations where needed.Your paper must be written in APA format. Use the APA template from your Course Guide to complete this assignment. You should have an APA cover page; 2 full pages of essay text with in-text citations, quotes, and lines from the readings; and a References page. No additional resources other than the assigned readings are required; however, you may want to include additional resources from the Rasmussen library. All papers are to be written in Times New Roman 12 pt. font and be double-spaced.Rasmussen’s Library and Learning Services team has developed a LIT3382 Modern World Literature Course Guide with links to resources to help support students’ academic endeavors. To help you in writing a literary analysis, you will find a link to the Literary Analysis Guide in the Module 01 tab of the Course Guide. The Writing Guide and APA Guide may also assist you with the writing requirements. You can access the Course Guide in your Module 01 course tab. Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Rasmussen College Short Stories Elements of Writing Fiction Research Paper
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.