******* please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 *****In the previous discussion post, the research article selected is Electroacupuncture for Postoperative Urinary Retention: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis (Zhong et al., 2018). First, what is post-operative urinary retention and its treatment? Post-operative urinary retention (POUR), the inability to void with a full bladder, is a common issue occurring in up to 30% of post-surgical cases undergoing abdominal surgery (U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2018). While this is usually self-resolving, POUR sometimes requires intervention using catheterization, medication or electroacupuncture (EA). Next what limitations do the authors note? The sample for this study included only women, and the data was gathered from studies that were from China and had small sample sizes, and results show that the studies may have publication bias in the therapeutic effect of EA. Overall the quality of evidence-based on Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development, and Evaluation (GRADE) for comparisons was very low to moderate; most studies were very low, limiting assurance in trial findings (Zhong et al., 2018, para.4). What is the unit of analysis? Meta-analysis the systematic review and use of the original data from all included studies to create a new report. As a result, a meta-analysis can draw conclusions that are more meaningful than a systematic review. Again, a meta-analysis is more useful for inferring causation than any single study. Asking questions about the research articles will allow the nurse to determine if the study is a legitimate one, who is supporting and paying for the study, how it will apply to the work and care of their patients. Will this research be able to assist in maintaining patient care practice with current evidence-based practices?ReferencesU.S. National Library of Medicine. (2018). Prevention of post-operative urinary retention. Retrieved from https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02486653Zhong, Y., Zeng, F., Li, J., Yang, Y., Zhong, S., & Song, Y. (2018). Electroacupuncture for Postoperative Urinary Retention:A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Evidence- Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine (ECAM), 2018, 1– 17. https://doi-org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1155/2018/76…
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.