********* please respond to the discussion below add citations and references 🙂 ********A nursing problem I have experienced is being short staffed. Nurses are than expected to take care of additional patients, provide the same care with less staff. If an emergency arises they don’t have the same support from the regularly staffed nurses on the floor. Working short staff is one of the top reasons nurses leave hospitals or facilities in which they work. Some states issued provisions for nurses who work in intensive care to only have two patients each due to the care the patients require. If there is a shortage of nurses on the floor the patients are safety and health can be jeopardized. It also increases the risk of injury on the nurse trying to work without help. A study in Health Affairs wrote that nurses who work short staff can hinder the nurses ability to carry out care and that when staffed adequately hospitals had 25% lower incidence of being penalized for having readmissions by the Affordable Healthcare Act.(McHugh, 2013)I believe the problem of working short staff should continue to be studied and offer incentives for not calling out or have additional per diem staff available. Nurses won’t get burned out and patient care can be maintained at a safe and healthy level.Matthew D. McHugh (October 2013) Hospitals With Higher Nurse Staffing Had Lower Odds OfReadmissions Penalties Than Hospitals With Lower Staffing. Retrieved from;https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2013.0613Grand Canyon University (Ed). (2018). Nursing research: Understanding methods for best practice.Retrieved from https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs433v/nursing-research-u…
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.