Answer the following questions in a Microsoft® Word document. Essay 1 (175 to 350 words)How would you now define organized crime? Discuss concepts, theories, and other information that you now understand concerning organized crime and of which you were not aware before taking the class. Which have been the most interesting to you?Do you believe your knowledge of organized crime will be useful in your current career or the one you intend to pursue after college? Why or why not? Essay 2 (175 to 350 words)The Bill of Rights, which is the first 10 Amendments of the Constitution, and the Constitution as a whole do two very important things: They set out the rights of the citizens and also limit the authority of government. The Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendments to the Constitution in particular limit the authority of government in the lives of U.S. citizens. The authority of government/law enforcement is additionally limited in court decisions interpreting Constitutional protections, such as Miranda v. Arizona. Jurisdiction and the statute of limitations further limit the reach of law enforcement.Choose two of the above legal limitations. Discuss how these legal limitations affect law enforcement efforts. Provide relevant examples. What would happen if these limitations were more or less stringent? Explain your answer.A variety of statutes have been enacted to fight organized crime at the federal level, such as RICO, which is a part of the Crime Control Act of 1970. Other statutes are designed to “follow the money,” such as the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986, in order to obtain needed evidence against organized crime groups. There are many and various other federal laws that have been enacted to fight organized crime or enacted for another purpose but are being used to combat organized crime, such as the Patriot Act.Answer the following questions:What is an example of a federal law that combats organized crime?How does this law apply to domestic or international organized crime groups?Has this law been codified into the state laws in your state? In what way?How may we improve major federal laws and strategies to combat organized crime? Explain your answer.Essay 4 (175 to 350 words)There is no national police force in the United States. However, there are multiple federal agencies that act to combat various types of criminal activity, including organized crime. These agencies fall under the larger umbrella of government departments. For example, the FBI operates under the Department of Justice and Customs and Border Protection operates under the Department of Homeland Security.Choose one federal agency that interests you and discuss the history of this organization. Answer the following questions:What are the major functions and goals of this agency?How does this agency operate in the fight against organized crime?What training, experience, or education must one have to become a part of this agency?Would you ever consider joining this agency? Why or why not?
Week 5 concepts and Theories of Organized Crime Assignment
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.