asked to write a short essay answering of these prompt Please draw upon the readings and lecture for evidence.more thoughts on theessaytotal 13 short essay every essay should around 300worldsall reading and lecture are in https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TLQWhrTut8…
Unformatted Attachment Preview
1. How do nationalists in China, Korea, and Japan understand the legacy of World War II?
Why is such thinking relevant today?
2. Compare and contrast realist and liberal internationalist theories on the consequences of
China’s rise for regional security. In your view, which set of theories do a better job of
explaining Chinese behavior in the Taiwan Strait, Korean Peninsula, South China Sea, or
around the Senkaku-Diaoyu Islands (pick two of the four)?
3. Is Japanese foreign policy changing—particularly under Prime Minister Abe–and if
so how and why?
4. What was—or is—China’s peaceful rise strategy and what is the logic driving it?
5. To what extent should China be characterized as newly assertive—particularly under
President Xi Jinping?
6. What does it mean for Korea and the United States to “strengthen” their alliance? (Note
that this answer requires you to think about what an alliance is, exactly).
7. Southeast Asian countries appear divided—both among themselves and in each
country individually—about China’s rise. Why?
8. In “Winning Projects and Hearts?” Yun Sun criticizes the BRI. How would you defend
the BRI against these criticisms?
9. Territorial disputes remain an important potential source of conflict. Review an example
of a territorial dispute in Asia. What are the origins of these disputes? Why can’t the
claimants settle these disputes peacefully?
10. The East Asian system of international relations is still affected by the Cold War. What
was the US approach in East Asia during the Cold War? Would you characterize the US
approach as containment or engagement? What were the consequences for politics
11. Some have argued that China’s rise will lead to war while others are persuaded they
are committed to peace. How, exactly, could China’s rise lead to overt conflict?
12. Make an argument for why the Korean peninsula is stable—or not.
13. Outline the core elements of US grand strategy in Asia after the end of the Pacific
War (World War II in the Pacific).
Our essay writing service fulfills every request with the highest level of urgency.